Parental Response Using a Daily Digital Diary to Capture Respiratory Symptoms in Young Children with Recurrent Respiratory Tract Illnesses (American Lung Association [ALA] Novel Digital Diary [ANDDi])
Why is this study being done?
We want to find out if parents of young children will complete surveys sent to them by a text
message to their smart phone or by email about their child’s breathing problems. A one
question survey will be sent every day for 4 months. Additional surveys sent if the child is
developing a respiratory track illness to ask about symptoms.
- Children 12 - 71 months
- Have Mild to moderate persistent asthma
- Are on prescribed controller medication
- Or has never used an inhaled corticosteroid but has a diagnosis of mild to moderate asthma
- Parents with a smart phone
- Child has had at least 1 asthma exacerbation event in the past 12 months requiring systemic (oral or injected) corticosteroids.
- Do not have other medical conditions that would hinder participation in a drug study.
ANDDi is a 4 month study. There is one (1) clinic visit that will take approx 40 mins and only the parent needs to attend.
Contact Information: Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center Research Staff
email@example.com or call us at 520.626.9543